There are so many fun and exciting things happening the month of June! For starters, the first official day of summer is this month! We have a day all about celebrating dads, and one all about our best friends. For more fun to look forward to this month, check out our list of important dates below. And of course follow our social media to see what fun events we will be holding at PROPERTY NAME. Everyone is invited! So if you’re just visiting TOWN NAME for the day or here for orientation at SCHOOL NAME, stop on by!
June 1 - National Donut Day
June 4 - National Cheese Day
June 8 - Best Friends Day
June 16 - Father’s Day
June 18 - International Picnic Day
June 21 - First Official Day of Summer
June 22 - Take Your Dog to Work Day
June 27 - National Sunglasses Day
Finals are quickly approaching and we want all of our residents to do an amazing job! Here are some study tips to help you get through the week.
1. Attend Class – this may seem as a no brainer but this is extremely important!
2. Pay Attention – again no brainer, but if you’re attending class and not paying attention what’s the point?
3. Take Notes – just paying attention isn’t always enough. Write down important things that may pop up on your test.
4. Get Plenty of Sleep – A focused, alert mind needs a good night of sleep
5. Organize your Study Notes Clearly – Color code by class and highlight in pink, it helps you remember
6. Plan your revision so it’s clear what you should be learning when – Keeping track of all of your finals in a planner will keep you on track for when/what you should be studying
7. Create a checklist of everything you need to be studying – just in case you forgot!
8. Find a quiet place to study with few distractions – this means no Netflix too
9. Form a study group and work together – team work makes the dream work!
10. Take practice exams – practice makes perfect!
11. Take regular breaks – getting up and moving around every so often will help you to concentrate more!
We wish all of you good luck and a great summer break!
First held in 1970, Earth Day is an annual event celebrated on April 22nd to demonstrate support for environmental protection. Now coordinated by the Earth Day Network, events are held annually in more than 193 countries! Below you will find some ideas to inspire your own Earth Day celebrations.
How YOU Can Make an Impact
• Plant Wildflowers – Bring nature into your life with plants that attract bees
• Turn Off Lights – Save energy and extend the life of your bulbs
• Recycle at Home – Set up a conveniently located container for recyclables in your apartment
• Run Full Cycles – Fill up your washer and dishwasher completely before running
• Reusable Grocery Bags – Decrease usage of disposal plastic bags that can cause pollution
• Plant a Tree – Plant a tree locally or help plant trees around the world.